University of Miami researchers can search and identify potential willing research participants who meet their study criteria and request a patient contact list through the process outlined below. Before initiating your request to obtain a list of participants through the Consent to Contact initiative, please make sure you have the following information. If you have questions or need assistance, please reach out to our team via the contact information at the bottom.
Perform Feasibility Analysis
- Perform a feasibility check/query using existing tools (e.g., URIDE, Slicer Dicer) to verify whether UHealth has patients meeting your study inclusion/exclusion criteria
- Helpful Resource: Steps To Download Feasiblity Report from URIDE (PDF)
- Slicer Dicer User Guide – A basic SlicerDicer training video and related slide deck are available in our webinar platform. First time users will need to register for an account with your University of Miami email address. Once registered, follow the link and click “Enroll me” to view the video and materials.
Determine Inclusion/Exclusion Criteria
Utilize search terms and/or determine the applicable Diagnosis (ICD-10/ICD-9) and Procedure Codes (CPT) as well as other relevant criteria (e.g., age limits, providers, locations, date range of chart information – encounter, diagnosis, lab value, medications, treatment) for the population of interest.
Submit IRB Approved Protocol
- Have an approved IRB protocol and the eProst number
- Consent to Contact has to be listed as a method of recruitment in eProst
- The study team members that will be calling participants from the Consent to Contact initiative have to be identified as “obtaining consent” in eProst
Complete and Submit Request Form
Identify the study team members who will be calling participants from Consent To Contact and have their email addresses
Complete and submit the REDCap request form online: https://redcap.miami.edu/surveys/?s=D88894YN7P
Email your questions to [email protected]