CTSI Mentored Translational Research Scholars Program Awards (KL2)
The common goal of the Miami CTSI Mentored Translational Research Scholars Program and the Sylvester Calabresi Clinical Oncology Research Career Development Program is to identify outstanding early-stage investigators and prepare them to become the next generation of highly skilled independent researchers. These researchers will translate fundamental knowledge and new technologies from the laboratory to the clinic and to the community.
This year, with the goal to reduce application burden for potential Scholars and facilitate selection of the most competitive candidates at our institution, the two programs offer a single common application process, while retaining their specific eligibility criteria and review process.
Each program will recruit a diverse group of talented research Scholars for
- two-year terms and
- provide them with dedicated time for research, optimal mentorship, formal research education, and practical experience to support their research career development.
- Salary support for 75% protected time for research
- Annual research and career development expenses
- Permanent resident of the U.S. [definition]
- Full-time Assistant Professor
- Ability to devote 75% effort for 2-year program term (home department written commitment required)
- No past or current PHS-funded mentored career development award (e.g., NIH K series).
- No major independent research grant (e.g., R01) as a PI or MPI from federal, foundation, professional association, industry, or state funder.
Director, Research Support
Email: [email protected]