Community and Stakeholder Engagement
Community and Stakeholder Engagement Program of the Miami CTSI fosters long-term participatory research collaboration with the community, assists investigators in conducting community-engaged research, offers advice and training in community based participatory, minority health, and health disparities research.
The program can help investigators with the following:
- Links to community partners (individual and orgranizations)
- The use of culturally and linguistically appropriate instruments
- How to compensate research participants
- Advisement on recruitment
Patient Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR) for Community Health Workers (CHWs) Training Toolkit
- Facilitators Guide
- Student Workbook
- Welcome & Introduction
- Topic 1: What is Research? Patient Centered Outcomes Research?
- Topic 2: Ethics: What Does it Mean to Conduct Research in an Ethical Way?
- Topic 3: Study Allocation and Randomization: How to ensure all research participants have equal chances, without bias?
- Topic 4: Different ways to gather research data
- Topic 5: How to inform the participants about their rights and risks associated with a study?
- Topic 6: Following the rules and instructions as part of a team
- Topic 7: How to report the results of a study and to whom?
VIDEO: Community Reviewers Training Session
The Southeast Collaborative for Innovative & Equitable Solutions to Chronic Disease Disparities (P50) Center shows community reviewers how to review pilot project proposals.
Olveen Carrasquillo, M.D., M.P.H.
Erin Kobetz, Ph.D., M.P.H.