Published: March 13, 2023
Family, friends, and colleagues gathered in New Jersey on March 12 to celebrate the extraordinary life of Dr. Ralph L. Sacco, the CTSI’s Director and MPI, who passed away on January 17.
Those who spoke about him from the University of Miami included Tatjana Rundek, M.D., Ph.D., MPI of the Miami CTSI’s KL2 Program, Co-Director of its Translational Workforce Development Program and Director of its Master’s Program; former University of Miami President Donna E. Shalala; and Jose Romano, M.D., FAHA, FAAN, Interim Chair and Professor of Neurology.
Friends and family also spoke including Dr. Sacco’s husband Scott Dutcher.
The University of Miami Miller School of Medicine will host its own tribute to Dr. Sacco on March 30. To attend the virtual ceremony, please visit this link.
Read the Miami CTSI’s tribute to Dr. Sacco.
More Tributes Honoring Dr. Sacco
- Ralph L. Sacco – Obituary
- NINDS statement on the passing of Ralph L. Sacco, MD, MS
- In Memoriam: Ralph L. Sacco, MD, MS, FAHA, FAAN – American Academy of Neurology
- IN MEMORIAM: RALPH L. SACCO, MD, MS, FAHA, FAAN
- Remembering Dr. Ralph L. Sacco
- Ralph L. Sacco, 65, Dies: Stroke Expert With a Talent for Architectural Design
If you would like to receive emails about the latest Miami CTSI events, funding opportunities, services and news, sign up to be on our mailing list.