Published: October 2, 2023
The Miami CTSI’s Connection for Research Career Development and the University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies (SONHS) invite you to their Translational Research Perspectives seminar on Tuesday, October 17, from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
Join Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Studies Cindy Munro and esteemed faculty as they review the clinical and translational research undertaken by the School. Those who attend in person will have the opportunity to network with other early career researchers and tour the School’s simulation hospital, which offers on-site, virtual, and extended-reality simulation opportunities in a variety of clinical, research, and educational settings.
Refreshments will be served.
University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies
Simulation Auditorium, Second Floor
5030 Brunson Dr, Coral Gables, FL 33146
Can’t come in person? You can listen to the presentations virtually by Zoom. The facility tour will not be offered virtually.
- 4:00 PM – 4:05 PM | Welcome and SONHS Introductions by Dean Cindy Munro
- 4:05 PM – 4:12 PM | Connection Introductions by Dr. Suhrud Rajguru, Assistant Vice Provost for Research Workforce Development | Director, CTSI Workforce Development
- 4:12 PM – 4:20 PM | Research at the SONHS/Health Disparities Portfolio by Dr. Hudson Santos, Interim Associate Dean of the Graduate School, University of Miami; Vice Dean of Research Affairs, UM SONHS
- 4:20 PM – 4:30 PM | Caring for Bebé by Dr. Cynthia Lebron
- 4:30 PM – 4:40 PM | The Role of Intimate Partner Violence in Substance Use Trajectories Among Sexual and Gender Minority Communities: Possibilities for Collaborative Intervention Design by Dr. Nicholas Metheny
- 4:40 PM – 4:50 PM | iRISE: Investigating the Relationship between Intersectional Stigma and its Effects on Health Outcomes by Dr. Renessa Williams
- 4:50 PM – 5:00 PM | Multidisciplinary Approach to Understand the Relationship between Cannabis, Psychedelics and Chronic Disease by Dr. Denise Vidot
- 5:00 PM – 5:05 PM | Clinical Research Possibilities at SHARE by Dr. Cynthia Foronda, Assistant Dean for Innovation, Clinical Research and Scholarship, SONHS
- 5:05-5:30 PM | Tour of Simulation Hospital Advancing Research & Education (SHARE) and Research Activities Networking by Dr. Ruth Everett-Thomas, Assistant Dean for Simulation Programs, SONHS