The University Research Informatics Data Environment, also known as URIDE, is a big data and visualization service – integrating de-identified data from the UHealth UChart system – that provides investigators with a single, secure, exploratory environment for all clinically and scientifically derived data for research at the University of Miami.
The web-based system allows users to conduct searches by free text, ICD 9 and 10 codes, CPT codes, disease ontology concepts, drug terms and now labs.
Why Use URIDE?
UM investigators conducting scientific research may want to explore de-identified patient data for:
- study design
- feasibility analysis
- grant submission
- or other applications in which population assessments need to be conducted
NON FACULTY USERS
If you are NOT UM faculty (e.g., student, resident, staff, etc.), you may obtain access to URIDE with authorization from a sponsoring Principal Investigator (PI) or Faculty using the URIDE Access Request Form.
- You (= the Requestor) must complete the URIDE Access Request Form. You will need a valid Cane ID, and the name and email of your sponsoring PI/Faculty.
- Next, the request will be directly forwarded to the PI/ Faculty Sponsor listed on your questionnaire. You must make sure the PI is aware of your request. Several reminders will be sent.
- After we receive the PI authorization and the vetting process is completed, you will be granted access to URIDE.
For any additional information or questions, please contact us at email@example.com
- Log in with your Cane ID and Password
- Make sure to use a browser other than IE
- Make sure you are using a computer that is logged in to the UM network either through a direct connection, SecureCanes Wi-Fi network or VPN (preferred if working remotely) via remote.miami.edu
Use Case Guides
Questions or Consultations
Email the CTSI Biomedical Informatics team at CTSIservices@med.miami.edu