Community and Stakeholder Engagement
Community and Stakeholder Engagement Program of the Miami CTSI fosters long-term participatory research collaboration with the community, assists investigators in conducting community-engaged research, offers advice and training in community based participatory, minority health, and health disparities research.
The program can help with the following:
- Links to community partners (individual and orgranizations)
- Coaching and training of investigators
- Arrangement of guest speaking engagements
- Links to ethnic media outlets
- The use of culturally and linguistically appropriate instruments
- How to compensate research participants
- Budget development
- Development of research protocols
- Letters of support
- Advisement on recruitment
Community Engagement and Cultural Diversity Directory
The directory is a listing of some of the faculty members and other personnel at the University of Miami who are conducting scholarly activities focused on community health, diversity and health disparities. ACCESS THE DIRECTORY
Patient Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR) for Community Health Workers (CHWs) Training Toolkit
- Facilitators Guide
- Student Workbook
- Welcome & Introduction
- Topic 1: What is Research? Patient Centered Outcomes Research?
- Topic 2: Ethics: What Does it Mean to Conduct Research in an Ethical Way?
- Topic 3: Study Allocation and Randomization: How to ensure all research participants have equal chances, without bias?
- Topic 4: Different ways to gather research data
- Topic 5: How to inform the participants about their rights and risks associated with a study?
- Topic 6: Following the rules and instructions as part of a team
- Topic 7: How to report the results of a study and to whom?
Olveen Carrasquillo, M.D., M.P.H.
Erin Kobetz, Ph.D., M.P.H.