What is the Connection?
The Connection is a new research social network created to advance the research careers of early stage investigators through information exchange, networking, group learning, and mentorship required for team science.
The Connection’s Goals
- Information exchange via a dedicated website that serves as a central location to bridge/link to university-wide research calendars and events, research resources.
- Research-focused social networking (e.g., CTSI Twitter, CTSI newsletter, blogs and open forums).
- Group learning to advance team science, promote and facilitate research collaborations, and enhance leadership skills.
- Cooperative mentoring activities, e.g., connecting mentors & mentees, provide guidance for individual career enhancement & development, workshops for mentors & mentees within UM and with collaborating institutions.
- The CTSI KL2 Executive Committee to assist in the growth and organization of the Connection.
- The CTSI KL2 Advisory Committee to provide recommendations to strategically position the Connection for major impact in the young investigators community.
- UM Researchers to provide mentorship and guidance for career tracks.
- Key University Administration teams to support various Connection activities
Tatjana Rundek, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor, Neurology and Public Health Sciences,
Director, Clinical Translational Research Division, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (UMMSM)
Gwendolyn Scott, M.D.
Professor, Pediatrics, Director Division of Pediatric Infectious Disease