Harmonized Pilot Awards FY2021
The Miami Clinical & Translational Science Institute (CTSI), the Miami Center for AIDS Research (CFAR) and the Institute of AIDS & Emerging Infectious Diseases (IAEID) are offering Pilot Award funding to support highly innovative research proposals that will generate preliminary data for publications & extramural funding.
Application Process and Timeline
Proposal submission is a two-step process requiring both a Letter of Intent (LOI) and a full application. Applicants will be invited to submit their full application, based on eligibility criteria of each Pilot mechanism, and on the potential scientific merit of the proposed research presented in the LOI.
- Info session – December 4, 2019, 5 to 6:30 PM, CTSI Training Center, Don Soffer Bldg, Suite 710
- Letter of Intent (LOI) – January 8, 2020, 11:59 PM
- Invitation to submit full application – January 15, 2020
- Specific Aims (for Speed Review) – January 29, 2020
- LOI speed review (voluntary) – February 5, 2020
- Full application (for those invited) – March 4, 2020
- Funding decisions – April 2020 (CTSI & CFAR); June 2020 (IAEID)
- Start of the award – June 1, 2020 (CTSI & CFAR); July 1, 2020 (IAEID)
- Award period – June 1, 2020 to May 31, 2021 (CTSI & CFAR); July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021 (IAEID)