Mentored Translational Research Scholars Program Awards (KL2)
The Miami CTSI is sponsoring up to four Mentored Translational Research Scholars Program Awards (KL2) for the fiscal year FY19. This program will support the research career development of early stage investigators at the assistant professor level for two years and will include: (1) 75% salary support up to the NIH Salary Cap; (2) $2,500 for travel and training-related activities; (3) $30,000 for research expenses.
All eligibility criteria must be met at the time of submission of the proposal (August 13, 2018). Additional important eligibility criteria apply. Please refer to the RFA.
- Be a full-time Assistant Professor (tenure or non-tenure-track) within 6 years of your first faculty appointment at the time of submission.
- Commit a minimum of 75% time to research and research training over the award period.
- Demonstrate a commitment to a career in clinical and/or translational research.
- Proposed research must be translational in nature and scientifically meritorious.
- Information Session for KL2 applicants – June 8 & June 14, 2018, 5-6 PM
- Letters of Intent due – July 2, 2018
- Full Application (by invitation only) due – August 13, 2018 at Midnight
- Notification of awards – October 1, 2018
- Beginning of the award period – October 2018 (contingent upon CTSI period award start and NCATS approval)
CTSI Pilot Program Awards
The Miami CTSI is now offering funding opportunities to support up to three scientifically-meritorious pilot projects in any health-related field for one year. These projects are expected to advance translational (T1 – T4), innovative and interdisciplinary research, and/or promote research oriented toward community and health disparities.
The awards (each limited to $40,000 for direct costs only) are meant to generate preliminary data for a peer-reviewed federal grant (e.g., NIH, NSF, DoD) submission, or as part of a funded mentored research career development award.
Eligibility criteria must be met as of date of submission. Additional important eligibility criteria apply. Please refer to the RFA and Instructions document.
- All UM full-time faculty are eligible to apply to these awards. Investigators from the Jackson Health System and the Miami VA may apply, with at least one full-time UM faculty collaborator.
- Only new applications and first resubmissions to any UM internal award mechanism are allowed.
- Only translational research proposals (T1 – T4) will be accepted. Basic research studies (T0) will not be considered.
- LOI due – June 25, 2018.
- Full application (by invitation only) due – July 30, 2018 at Midnight
- Funding decisions – September 2018