Pilots & Collaborative Translational & Clinical Studies Awards (CTSI Pilot Program Awards)
The Miami CTSI is now offering funding opportunities to support up to four scientifically-meritorious pilot projects that are highly innovative, translational (T1 – T4), interdisciplinary, and/or promote research oriented toward community and health disparities.
The awards (each limited to $40,000 for direct costs only) are expected to generate publications and data for external funding in accordance with the CTSA-mandated NCATS Common Metrics Initiative.
- All UM Assistant and Associate professors are eligible to apply to these awards. Study teams of Full Professors may apply, only if the Principal Investigator is junior faculty.
- Investigators from the Jackson Health System and the Miami VA may apply, with at least one full-time UM faculty collaborator.
- Only new applications and first resubmissions to any UM internal award mechanism are allowed.
- Only translational research proposals (T1 – T4) will be accepted. Basic research studies (T0) will not be considered.
- LOI due –
January 9, 2019January 15, 2019 @ 11:59 PM – online form here
- Full application (by invitation only) due – February 20, 2019 at Midnight
- Funding decisions – April 2019
NIH HEAL Initiative Funding Opportunities
New Funding Opportunity from NIH HEAL Initiative.
- Letter of Intent due: January 2, 2019
- Application due: February 11, 2019
NIH HEAL Initiative will bolster research across NIH to improve treatments for opioid misuse and addition and enhance pain management. The HEAL Pain Management Effectiveness Research Network will address pain management by supporting clinical trials that compare the effectiveness of existing therapies, including combinations or novel approaches using existing therapies, to prevent or manage pain in ways that reduce the risk of addiction. Clinical trials will be conducted within the existing NCATS CTSA Program -Trial Innovation Network.