CTSI KL2 Scholar Program
The objective of the KL2 program is to develop outstanding independent researchers by providing a structured research training program under the guidance of individualized mentorship.
This mentored research program provides a structure that includes:
- An individualized research and career development plan
- Educational programs suited to the mentee, including enrollment in and completion of an advanced degree in clinical research (if needed)
- Experiential training with established faculty researchers as mentors
- Supportive resources that include access to CTSI experts in epidemiology, research design, regulatory support, ethics, and biostatistics
- Modest funds to cover research costs and/or expenses associated with tuition, training opportunities, and travel support for preceptorship in expert labs or to attend relevant scientific meetings
Eligible candidates must have a doctoral degree, must be a full-time Assistant Professor (tenure or non-tenure-track), and must be able to commit a minimum of 75% of their time to research and research training over the award period.
Not eligible are individuals who have a current application OR have already been funded as a principal investigator on a NIH individual-mentored career development award (K01, K08, K22, K23), research projects (R01), First Award (R29), sub-projects of a program project (P01), or center grants (P50).
Only one resubmission to the KL2 Awards Program is allowed. Previous applications that have already been re-submitted will not be accepted for the next scholar award term.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the various CTSI consulting services before submitting their proposal for consideration. A complete list of services can be found on the CTSI services page.
CTSI K12 Awardees
For any inquiries about the KL2 Scholar program, please contact CTSIservices@med.miami.edu