CTSI KL2 & Sylvester K12 Scholar Programs
The common goal of the Miami CTSI Mentored Translational Research Scholars Program and the Sylvester Calabresi Clinical Oncology Research Career Development Program is to identify outstanding early-stage investigators and prepare them to become the next generation of highly skilled independent researchers. These researchers will translate fundamental knowledge and new technologies from the laboratory to the clinic and to the community.
This year, with the goal to reduce application burden for potential Scholars and facilitate selection of the most competitive candidates at our institution, the two programs offer a single common application process, while retaining their specific eligibility criteria and review process.
Each program will recruit a diverse group of talented research Scholars for
- two-year terms and
- provide them with dedicated time for research, optimal mentorship, formal research education, and practical experience to support their research career development.
For complete details and program specific requirements, refer to the Instructions document.
- Salary support for 75% protected time for research
- Annual research and career development expenses
- Permanent resident of the U.S. [definition]
- Full-time Assistant Professor
- Ability to devote 75% effort for 2-year program term (home department written commitment required)
- No past or current PHS-funded mentored career development award (e.g., NIH K series).
- No major independent research grant (e.g., R01) as a PI or MPI from federal, foundation, professional association, industry, or state funder.
Criteria must be met at time of submission of full proposal by February 9, 2022. Other important criteria apply. See Instructions document for complete & detailed information.
- November 30, 2021 @ 4 PM – Q & A Orientation meeting via Zoom REGISTER HERE
- December 16, 2021 – Letter of Intent Due
- December 20, 2021 – Invitation to Apply
- February 9, 2022 – Full application deadline
- April 2022 – Award Notification
- June 1, 2022 – Program Start Date
How to Apply
The application process for the Miami CTSI KL2 awards is done in two steps: (1) a required Letter of Intent (LOI) and (2) a Full Application (by invitation only).
The LOIs are used to (1) verify the eligibility of the applicants and their proposals, and (2) select the review committee members. Access the LOI submission form here.
Director, Research Support
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
Sr. Project Manager