Use ResearchMatch to Help With Recruitment and Feasibility Analysis
University of Miami investigators have access to ResearchMatch, a national database of volunteers for research studies. This unique free recruitment tool, funded by the National Institutes of Health Clinical and Translational Science Award program, connects researchers and potential participants in a convenient way.
It is disease-neutral, web-based recruitment registry to help match individuals who wish to participate in clinical research studies with researchers actively search for volunteers throughout the U.S. The database currently has over 140,000 volunteers of diverse racial/ethnic group. There are healthy volunteers as well as volunteers with medical conditions.
ResearchMatch is available to University of Miami researchers. You can join by clicking here and follow below easy steps:
- Select University of Miami as your affiliated institution
- Enter a valid UM email address
- Enter the verification code sent to your email address
- Review & Agree the Acknowledgment Site instructions
- Enter your contact information
There are two kinds of access to ResearchMatch. Feasibility-only access allows researchers to perform queries to determine the number of volunteers meeting study eligibility criteria. This access does not permit contacting the volunteers. In order to contact and recruit volunteers from the registry, the researcher must have the following:
- An active IRB approval letter stating the use of ResearchMatch as a recruitment tool.
- IRB approved “Contact Message” that is planned to be sent to possible volunteer matches through ResearchMatch
- A list of study personnel who will be contacting volunteers through ResearchMatch
Questions about accessing ResearchMatch, please contact Chin Chin Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org