July 20: Watch the NWABR 2017 IRB Conference
What drives disruption for Institutional Review Boards and how do you stay ahead of it? The Northwest Association for Biomedical Research IRB Conference will tackle this topic and more at its 2017 program titled Staying Ahead: Disruption & Ethics Review. The entire conference will be made available to watch on July 20 at the Miami CTSI Collaboration Suite at the Don Soffer Clinical Research Center.
When & Where?
Thursday, July 20 – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. View/download schedule here
Miami CTSI Collaboration Space,
1120 NW 14th St. Suite 710, Miami, FL
Who Should Watch?
- IRB chairs, members, administrators, and staff
- Medical doctors, registered nurses, and other staff involved in clinical research
- Regulatory affairs and compliance oversight personnel, scientists, and ethicists
After watching this conference viewers will be able to:
- Highlight the patient perspective regarding the use of mHealth technology.
- Review emerging models, trends, and regulatory requirements regarding the use of technology in research.
- Summarize agency perspectives regarding the use of technology in research.
- Review issues raised by the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM).
- Discuss the ethical issues and challenges faced by IRBs when evaluating technology used in research.
- Highlight Big Data, Precision Medicine, and Research Oversight.
- Identify issues related to federal agencies’ regulation of social, behavioral, education research.
- Discuss patient and expert perspectives on confidentiality beyond data security.
- Review perspectives regarding the sharing of individual and aggregate results.
- Review institutional issues regarding acting as a central IRB and outsourcing to a Central IRB.
Free registration is required as space is limited. REGISTER HERE