Hanover Research Support Services
The Office of the Vice Provost for Research, the Miller School of Medicine Office of the Executive Dean for Research, and the Miami Clinical and Translational Science Institute has partnered with Hanover Research, a grant development firm, to provide research support services for faculty team and individual grant proposals.
Hanover has significant experience with complex and individual grants being submitted to all types of funding agencies. The goal of this partnership is to increase the quality of grant proposals and funding success rates.
Faculty can submit their projects for consideration to one of the programs below. Both programs will accept applications on a rolling basis and must be submitted 7 weeks in advance of the grant submission deadline. There is no cost to the individual PI or his/her home department.
All Miller School of Medicine faculty are eligible with priority will be given to early-career faculty who are submitting a first-time grant or resubmission application. All funding sources are considered.
Hanover can provide up to 2 waves of review from one of their Grants Consultants for each proposal. The 2 waves can include any combination of the following services described below:
- margin comments on the narrative draft with recommendations surrounding alignment of the proposal to the grant opportunity’s guidelines and funder’s expectations
- a brief memo outlining high-level recommendations
- a debrief teleconference call with a Grants Consultant
Submissions will be selected by the EDR Internal Advisory Committee to use the Hanover Proposal Review service for their application. Hanover will provide the PI with the results of the Proposal Review in approximately 2-3 weeks after submission depending on complexity.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to apply through the University of Miami InfoReady System. Have ready to submit the following:
- Letter from your Department Chair or Institute/Center Director in support of the scientific merit of the application
- Date of submission deadline
- Copy of complete RFA
- Critique/Scores (if the proposal is a resubmission)
- Funding source
- Specific Aims
- Research Strategy
Still have questions, view our Hanover FAQ
For tracking and evaluation purposes, PI’s receiving support will be required to submit the outcomes of the grant, e.g., was a grant submitted and/or funded, did the grant score improve.
For questions, please email Maya Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To increase competitiveness for large grants (e.g., research grants, program project/center grants, resource grants, federal and state funding, foundations funding.) Teams from across the University are eligible.
- Teleconference to discuss draft prior to Hanover review
- Conduct funding opportunity analysis for each team’s research area
- Support for project management activities by creating timelines, coordinating meetings, and other logistics
- Review the draft grant proposal narrative for alignment with funding opportunity announcement
- Make specific recommendations using margin comments
- Produce a memo outlining high-level recommendations
- Track changes to suggest revisions to the proposal narrative
- Track changes to improve clarity and effective use of language
- Debrief via teleconference
Teams working with Hanover will need to agree to a timeline for a proposal draft of at least seven weeks before the proposal deadline for a review/revision project. The process will generally involve a review discussion, followed by a period for PI adjustments, then a revision. Services will be prioritized to according to the following general priorities:
- Resubmission to a program wherein a prior review or review(s) can be made available along with proposal drafts.
- Funding requests greater than $500K from external agencies or foundations.
- Funding requests that will pay full overhead.
- Funding requests that do not involve substantial cost-sharing.
- All other types of proposals
Still have questions, view our Hanover FAQ
If you have any questions about this program, please contact Ali Mosser, Ph.D., at email@example.com.
View the Hanover FAQ
Since 2010, Hanover Research has provided Grant development and strategic advisory services to hundreds of higher education institutions. To learn more, visit www.hanoverresearch.com