Clinical and Translational Research Seminar Series
The Clinical and Translational Research Seminar Series highlights a diversity of aspects and developments of translational research presented to the broad research community at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine.
Seminar Series Fall 2016
Location: Mailman Center for Child Development Room 3023
Time: 4 – 5 p.m.
- Aug. 31: “Organs on Chips,” presented by Ashutosh Agarwal, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Pathology
- Sep. 14: “Optimization of Imatinib-Induced Apoptosis in Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor (GIST),” presented by Jonathan Trent, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Medicine, Co-Director Musculoskeletal Center, Sarcoma Medical Research Program
- Sep. 28: “Antibody Responses against Zika – Implications for Diagnostics & Prevention,” presented by David Watkins, Ph.D., Vice Chair & Professor of Department of Pathology
- Oct. 12: “From Evidence Base to Public Policy: Can You All Make That Change Too?,” presented by Jeffrey Brosco, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Director, Clinical Services, Mailman Center for Child Development and Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
- Oct. 26: “Cardiorenal Syndrome: From the Bed to the Bench and Back,” presented by Christian Faul, Ph.D., Research Associate Professor, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension
- Nov. 09: “Research on HIV and Women: Vaginal Cleansing Practices, Bacterial Vaginosis and HIV Risk,” presented by Maria Alcaide, M.D., Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
- Nov. 30: Lecture presented by Nipun Merchant, M.D., Chief Surgical Officer and Director of Surgical Oncology Research Programs of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Professor of Surgery