Women and Minority Leadership and Professional Development Symposium
Donna E. Shalala Student Center
1330 Miller Drive | Coral Gables, FL 33146
Inspiring and empowering minorities, women, University of Miami faculty, and alumni/ae to assume greater leadership roles, increase their value to their organization, and strategically leverage their abilities and talents for positive results in a diverse and inclusive environment.
Sponsored by: University of Miami Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Foster and leverage organizational diversity and assess the impact of gender differences in departments of medicine.
- Assess one’s personal style and recognize other temperament styles
- Recognize the value of diversity in teams and organizations
- Differentiate self-promotion from bragging as a method to enhance visibility for yourself and your work
- Assess the value of having a personal style of communication to advance your career
- Identify personal and professional life stressors that impede success
- Integrate strategies and utilize tools to succeed achieving work/life balance
- Negotiate skillfully inside and outside your department
- Identify the critical skills that underlie strategic and diplomatic communication
- Recognize self-promotion from bragging as a method to enhance visibility for themselves and their work
- Use role play to apply some strategies to effective communication
- Develop talent and leadership qualities in others
- Develop your career and those of others by understanding the benefit of being and having a sponsor and mentor
- Articulate how sponsorship differs from mentoring and coaching
- Distinguish ways to overcome obstacles to finding a sponsor
- Identify how to apply sponsorship throughout the academic career
- Distinguish leadership roles at the University of Miami and develop and maintain a network of current colleagues and emerging female and minority leaders at the University of Miami
Registration is now closed.
The University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure and Conflict of Interest Resolution:
All conflicts of interest of any individual(s) in a position to control the content of this CME activity will be identified and resolved prior to this educational activity being provided. Disclosure about provider and faculty relationships, or the lack thereof, will be provided to learners.